Easy Homemade Flour Tortilla Recipe

My Husband has been asking me to make him homemade tortillas but i really had no clue on how to.Usually my Father in law makes them but they go fast.my father in law and my grandma have told me over and over how to make them but of course I never listened lol Well finally i decided I am going to try to do it.I want my kids to remember me making at least one home made food.I remember my Grandma making them when i was little and would like my kids to have a special memory also.I even had my son asking if he could help me which is very nice.so i looked on my phone and found a great easy recipe even for me=)I dont really bake or make anything homemade lol so here it is hope you try it and enjoy!












What you will need
3 Cups flour
1 tsp. Salt
1/3 Cup Vegetable oil
1 Cup Warm water

Lets get started

Combine all the flour,salt,vegetable oil and water in to a large bowl.mix with hands until it forms a dough.

Roll the dough into a big ball and take about an 1 to 2 inch pieces off.Pat the dough flat with your hands or use a rolling pin and roll into circles.I used a rolling pin so much easier.

if the dough becomes stuck or sticky just add a little more flour to it.

Put the dough on a flat pan on the stove and let the sides cook until there are little brown specks on both sides like you would see on other tortillas or until your preference.


That its =)

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to ask you for your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try these! I think I "should" be able to pull this off..LOL...we love tortillas around here! Thanks Yvette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best and easiest recipe! I tried them once and will never buy flour tortillas again. Thank you for sharing this simple but delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the yield? How many does it make, approximately?

    ReplyDelete