Batman Pumpkin!

My 3 year old is obsessed with Batman!Everything is batman and I even bought Batman cookie cutters that I use to make Batman sandwiches.Well since he loves Batman so much I wanted to something new and special for him for Halloween.Since this year is his first year to actually help with the pumpkin since he is old enough and understands more I thought making him a Batman pumpkin would be perfect!I searched online for a batman template.You can right click and save to your computer here.

I then printed it and cut around the Bat symbol.

Now lets get started on the pumpkin!I recommend picking a large pumpkin so it fits.If the pumpkin is too small it might not fit or look right.I also laid out tons of newspaper so things don't get too messy.

Cut a large circular hole in the top of the pumpkin around the stem,Then scoop out all of the seeds and guts from the pumpkin to make it look nice and neat.after that is complete I grabbed my Batman symbol and taped it on to the pumpkin but I rolled the tape in a circle and placed it under the bat so it could not be seen.I placed it close to the edge underneath the bat.I then used a marker to trace it but just in case,you dont have to but it helped me.I used a small knife to slowly cut around the bat.It took sometime but it was well worth it!Seeing his reaction and big smile was priceless!Here is the finished project!


Happy Halloween!

3 comments: